2nd Line Technical Support Engineer/ Analyst - Cloud /Microsoft
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer (Delivery-Microsoft-Cloud)
Location: Richmond, South West London
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience plus benefits
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare (after qualifying period), free food, bike scheme, mobile and laptop (after qualifying period), Share Options Scheme (after qualifying period)
The company is a fast-moving, cloud-based IT Managed Services Company based in SW London. They pride themselves on their strong reputation for delivering innovative, customised IT solutions using a wide range of advanced technologies.
They have a unique approach - a total commitment to keeping customers happy and providing a great working environment.
The company is a compact, highly energised team and they're looking for the very best to join and continue their success! If you have the right blend of passion and aptitude and you get a buzz from delivering immaculate levels of customer service - then they want to hear from you!
This is an exciting chance for the right person to get involved in a challenging, hands-on role offering huge scope for progression into a consultancy, development or specialist position.
The company offers a competitive salary, an energetic working environment and a proactive approach to personal development; all in one of the most accessible, sought after locations in West London. They'll even provide you with a free lunch every single day.
They take huge pride in delivering an exceptional service to their growing client base and are looking to expand their Technical team to help them do this.
What they're looking for:
- Passion and enthusiasm for everything technical with a desire to work with new and different technologies.
- Looking for an opportunity where there is a huge scope for learning and progression.
- Virtualisation Knowledge and a keen interest in the server/network/applications field.
- Communication with the ability to communicate complex technical matters in layman's terms.
- Cooperation with the ability to work closely with others as well as having the ability to utilise external resources.
- Flexibility - Willing to work out of hours to ensure the best levels of client support as part of a 24/7 on call support rota.
- Experience of 2-3 years working within a client-facing, technical role.
- Ideally educated to degree level (within Science, mathematics, engineering or computing).
What you'll be doing:
- Providing quality support and consultancy to clients by phone, email and remote-control.
- Supporting and maintaining a live network and server infrastructure to ensure continuous up-time and optimal performance and security.
- Identifying infrastructure weaknesses and suggesting improvements to the way we use our existing technology and implementing new technology solutions.
- Evaluating, testing and implementing new software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as our clients improve and expand their infrastructure.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of a knowledge-base of "How To" instructions for support and maintenance.
What you'll be working with:
- Software: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange & MS Office (including O365), MS SQL Server, Linux, VMware virtualisation and any other software and systems our clients may be using. System integration and software development.
- Hardware: Physical (host) servers, virtual servers (our own, Microsoft Azure, AWS), FC SANs, iSCSI SANs, EMC, NAS.
- Networks: Switches, routers, firewalls, TCP/IP networks, Cisco, DSL, and internet.
Please note: Due to the nature of the role, the company will not be providing relocation packages or sponsorship for any candidate. To be considered for this role, you must be eligible to both live and work in the UK.
If you're excited about this opportunity and think you have what it takes to join as a Help Desk Technician, please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Managed IT Services, Windows Server Configuration, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Citrix, Cloud Technician, Hosted Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, XenApp, XenDesktop, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2010, Windows XP 7/8, Cloud Support Engineer, Networking Solutions Engineer, Desktop Support Technician, Network Solutions Technician, IT Services Technician will also be considered for this role.
Apply for 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer/ Analyst - Cloud /Microsoft
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly