We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a Systems Consultant (Level 1) to join our team based in Folkestone. You will join our team on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
About the Systems Consultant role:
In this role you will be required to have a basic IT foundation supported by the ability to independently manage their allocated development projects from design to release. You will work on the new GMD Oracle platform therefore playing an active part in an evolving infrastructure. This role requires a proactive person who is adaptable and able to effectively communicate their ideas and recommendations to other project stakeholders.
Key responsibilities as our Systems Consultant:
- The ability to communicate ideas and technical concepts at all levels within the business.
- Analysis of user requirements for new systems and continued maintenance / enhancement of current systems, providing suggestions and advice where alternative solutions exist.
- The ability to plan new processes and system implementation from design stage through to release.
- Producing appropriate Systems designs based on business requirements when required.
- Producing appropriate Technical Specifications when required.
- Providing accurate estimates for development and changes as required.
- Providing regular and accurate progress reports to the Manager and Project Manager.
- Timely reporting of progress / problems / concerns / issues to GMD Management.
- Ownership of change, task and delivery.
- Thorough self-testing.
Experience and skills required of our Systems Consultant:
- A good standard of secondary education (including GCSE Maths and English or equivalent).
- An IT qualification covering XML, Oracle or SQL Server, PL/SQL, Web Services, VB.Net and C# (an advantage).
- Development skills in the following development and database technologies XML, Oracle and SQL Server including SSIS. C# will be an advantage.
- The ability to work in accordance with GMD Best Practice’s in terms of brand values, coding standards, security, accessibility and usability.
- Demonstrable application and database design skills.
- Knowledge of ETL processes (SSIS) will be an advantage.
- Understanding of data integrity and customer data matching.
- The ability to create database tables, views, stored procedures, constraints and indexes.
- Experience in SSIS, functions and triggers, indexing and index optimization.
- Experience in scripting database installs an advantage.
- Experience in integration of SQL Server with TFS would be an advantage.
So if you would like to join our team as our new Systems Consultant (Level 1) then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Systems Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly