Assistant to the Directors
Job title: Assistant to the Directors
Department EMEA CPMO
Reports to: Senior Manager EMEA CPMO
To provide efficient and timely senior executive level administrative and governance support to the Senior Manager EMEA CPMO
The EMEA CPMO manages and oversees major strategic and regulatory programmes. Thus, the CPMO supports Senior Management with the governance, oversight, execution and implementation of critical strategic programmes inclusive of non-discretionary regulatory change programmes emanating from the various EMEA Regulators. Its scope includes growing revenues by delivering the whole Company (focusing on key client segments and key geographies), growing margins by improving the Firm's operating model (with a particular focus on our global footprint), completing large, strategic mergers and acquisitions, as well as the assured end to end delivery of assigned regulatory change programmes/projects.
- Proactive management of an extremely busy schedule which will span multiple time zones (MS Outlook). Ensuring accuracy of details at all times as well as collating all relevant paperwork in a timely manner.
- Manage incoming telephone calls, dealing where possible, taking comprehensive telephone messages and highlighting urgent matters to the appropriate member of the Team.
- Manage incoming mail in a timely manner, prioritizing and highlighting urgent matters and dealing where possible.
- Collation of daily diary and papers for the Senior Manager EMEA CPMO; ensuring that he is well-prepared for his meetings.
- Assist the Senior Manager EMEA CPMO manage regulatory output, workflow and office deadlines.
- Preparing itineraries, booking all travel and accommodation through corporate travel agent for the EMEA CPMO and on behalf of visitors traveling from overseas.
- Processing of business expenses.
- Co-ordinate meetings (including conference calls) for small and large groups, including senior manager element.
- Preparation and timely release of meeting agendas for both routine and ad hoc meetings.
- Assisting with organisation for learning events, Team events, and other Regional events that may arise from time to time.
- Administrative assistance to other members of the EMEA CPMO as directed.
- Conduct office management duties on behalf of the EMEA CPMO, including stationery, e-mail distribution lists and social events.
- Collate, prepare and produce materials in multiple formats for internal and external presentations.
- Booking Rooms, Conference Facilities and the meeting of visitors.
- Effective records management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Wider EMEA CPMO Duties:
- Manage the EMEA CPMO holiday chart including associated documentation.
- Managing the EMEA CPMO resources on-boarding and off-boarding process (where tasked).
- Perform secretarial duties for the EMEA CPMO Updates and other assigned meeting to include preparation of agendas, collation/distribution of papers and accurate minute taking.
- A Level education preferable.
- Experience as an Administrative/Personal Assistant at a senior management level in an international context (must have cross-border experience).
- First class communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in the Financial Services sector (Recent experience within BNYM would be advantageous).
- Experience working in a confidential environment.
- Literacy in the following software packages: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint (high level of skill essential), Excel, Visio, Project (latter not essential).
- Flexibility in terms of both working hours and work undertaken will be required.
Key Competencies Required:
- Client Focus
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Organising Ability
- Builds Networks
- Problem Solving Skills
- Results Focused
- Sense of Urgency
- Very Strong Detail Orientation