We have a new, exciting opportunity at Titan Travel part of the Saga Group for a Travel Consultant to join our team in Redhill. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week and will receive a basic salary of up to £18,000 per annum plus uncapped bonus (average salary of £25,000-30,000 per annum).
We've been offering escorted touring holidays for more than 35 years. We have the best destination experts and tour managers in the business. We've won countless awards for quality and customer service, including nineteen at the most recent British Travel Awards.
About the Travel Consultant role
Working for Titan Travel - you will be the first person our customers speak to when they call us, so making the right impression is vital. Your key aim will be to convert enquirers into bookings, look after their travel arrangements up until their departure date, and deliver exceptional service throughout to ensure they come back to Titan time after time. Your prime responsibility is to sell holidays to one of the Worldwide destinations Titan offer, and provide information and advice to our clients pre-departure.
We'll encourage you to use your initiative to treat every one of our customers as individuals, so you'll need to be comfortable to develop your own style and work largely without pre-determined scripts. As well as excellent communication skills and telephone manner, you'll want to go the extra mile for every one of our customers to ensure that their booking and post-sale experience is second to none. While ‘closing the sale' and hitting targets will be a key part of the role, your day will be very varied and you'll thrive on the opportunity of developing great product knowledge to complement your passion for travel.
Key responsibilities as our Travel Consultant
- Provide clients with an end to end service, from the initial sales enquiry to any other requests pre-departure.
- To look after our clients from the first time they call to the point of travel - offering professional, efficient and polite service on every call.
- Provide clients with excellent product knowledge and customer service skills.
- Sell a range of products including Tour only, extended stays (pre & post), back to back tours and additional extras such as excursions, upgrades and transfers.
- To ensure products sold match our clients' needs and any supporting information sent to our clients is to the highest standard.
- To achieve high levels of client service at all stages of the process to encourage repeat business.
- To keep yourself fully immersed in the product range and understand the company brand values.
- Demonstrate a total commitment to delivery excellent customer service, with the aim to ensure clients will return to you to make future bookings.
- To ‘own' each booking end to end, ensuring that any pre-travel queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Experience and skills required of our Travel Consultant
- Proven track record in sales ideally in the travel industry.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service.
- GCSE standard
- Ideally trained on Amadeus or similar GDS system
- Thrives in a target/incentive driven environment and able to work towards monthly sales targets in line with business budgets
What you can be offered as our Travel Consultant
- Uncapped commission scheme giving great earning potential for the right individual
- Fantastic incentives (including flights, holidays, high street shopping vouchers and plenty more)
- Great working hours encouraging a work life balance
- Opportunity for educational visits and/or fam trips
- Fun and friendly work atmosphere
- Free onsite car parking
- Wide range of Family, Friends and Staff discounts available
Titan is one of the UK's leading touring companies, offering a portfolio of experiences by rail, air, coach, ocean or river. Always expanding the range with exciting new travel experiences.
Closing date: 25th August 2017
So if you would like to join our team as our new Travel Consultant then please click ‘apply' today, we'd love to hear from you!