Video Production Manager
Video Production Manager
The company, incorporating online news sites Newsweek, International Business Times, Medical Daily, Player One and Latin Times, are looking to recruit a full time Video Production Manager to join their busy newsroom.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily running of the London video team, overseeing all aspects of production and liaising with editors across the newsroom over providing video coverage to the different sites.
They must be familiar with all aspects of production, from finding stories and writing scripts to editing footage and promoting content over social media. They will be versed in producing different videos for different platforms and have a keen awareness of what makes great social video.
The candidate will also have the ability to provide support and guidance to journalists and video producers on how best to tell their story and be comfortable in managing multiple projects of different levels of complexity.
- Oversee day to day production of the London video team
- Work with editors across newsroom over providing video coverage to the different sites
- Ensure the correct delivery of videos to the content management system
- React to breaking news stories as and when they happen
- Edit news packages in our post-production suite
- Discover and acquire video content from third party sources
- Detailed knowledge of producing different videos for different platforms
- Provide guidance to fellow producers on how best to tell their stories quickly and effectively
- Write broadcast scripts and corresponding articles to go with videos produced
- Oversee the uploading of video content to our various social media channels
- Passion for journalism, and creative storytelling, strong professional judgment and drive to innovate
- Ability to check other people's work with a keen eye for detail
- Highly organised person able to keep track of multiple projects at the same time
- Awareness of video and editorial content management systems
- Self starter who is eager to lead from the front and contribute new ideas
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work long hours and weekend shifts if required
- Must be able to multi-task and have high attention to detail
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects etc).
- Must have detailed knowledge of tailoring video for social media platforms, including Twitter, YouTube and Facebook
- Able to lead a team and work well with others
Apply for Video Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly