Employee Communications Manager, Human Resources
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing communicates Pearson's unique position as the world's learning company, while building strong and enduring relationships with our key audiences around the world. We focus on helping to strengthen our reputation with policy makers, influencers, the general public, and our employees. We ensure that our brand, digital, and marketing efforts are being driven with a global consistency. Collectively, our work is anchored around building a strong global Pearson brand with social purpose at its heart.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Summary of role:
The role will be a part of the Employee Communications team in Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing, working to ensure understanding and awareness of the Human Resources activity for HR and our wider employee population around the world.
Communicating HR activity
- Partner with HR Centers of Expertise program teams to plan and deliver effective communications to strict deadlines, across multiple channels
- Provide counsel on communications activity, editing, and shaping content created by HR subject matter experts to create materials that resonate for a general employee audience (e.g. line managers, all employees), as well as for an HR audience
- Ensure that communication plans for HR are included in the broader Employee Communications' editorial calendar, and that materials produced are reflective of the overarching Pearson strategy and narrative, consistent in tone and language, on-brand and high quality
Communication Production and Delivery
- Produce and deliver high-quality communications for employees across multiple channels and formats
- Manage design and external agencies where appropriate to create high-quality content that reflects brand guidelines
- Effectively use, analyze and enhance employee communication channels and tools, implementing new and innovative approaches to extend reach and impact
- Support the Chief Human Resources Officer to deliver timely and compelling engagement opportunities with employees, such as "unplugged" events, blogs, video postings, digital communications, and in-person events.
Intranet & Global Campaigns
- Manage the strategy for the HR community's intranet space and the HR intranet space for the wider Pearson employee community, providing consistent, high-quality, engaging information and a forum for open discussion
- Create and execute on special programs and campaigns, which are designed to inform, engage, and inspire employees.
This role reports to the Director of Employee Communications, Human Resources.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent skills/experience) in Human Resources, Communications, or Marketing preferred with 3 years of experience in similar role
- Experience in Human Resources helpful, but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office, social media, and online research
- Works independently, as well as a member of a high-profile, high-stakes team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions
- Curious and creative thinker and problem solver with a good sense of humor and the ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A high level of personal integrity and ability to handle confidential matters
- Passionate about helping people make progress in their lives through learning