The ideal IT Computer Operator will have a relevant IT qualification with no less that 2 years experience in the financial sector. The IT Computer Operator should have the ability to conduct and direct investigation into IT infrastructure and service issues. The IT Computer Operator should have good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. The IT Computer Operator should also be able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Blade Server technologies
- VMware technologies
- Windows technologies preferably Win 2003 server and 2008
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in an effective and professional manner
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies across a wide variety of disciplines, including virtualisation and Internet services
- Proactive & delivery focused, to achieve a first class service to the organisation
- Experience within a Data Centre - Patching, Racking
- Experience in DB2 technologies
- Cisco UCS
- Experience in SQL technologies
- Experience in Linux technologies
- Experience in Remedy tool.
- Experience in Systems Management Software and Back-Up technologies
- I-Series AS400 technologies