Research & Policy Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Research & Policy Manager to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum.
Peabody and Family Mosaic have merged, creating a new housing association providing 55,000 homes to 111,000 people across London and the South East. Our combined scale and strong focus on London will uniquely position us to revolutionise housing delivery and redefine best practice - and you will be central to making it happen.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector's largest community regeneration programmes, we're always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead Peabody's strategic research and policy functions, developing sector-leading research and positioning Peabody as the voice of housing in London.
The successful candidate will work closely with other teams in the Strategy & Research team, as well as the Communications team, to develop and manage a programme of strategic research and thought leadership. The post also has oversight of the organisation's operational policies and responsibility for helping the organisation understand the external operating environment, ensuring the way we run our organisation reflects best practice and the public policy and regulatory context.
You will have a strong interest in social policy, particularly in housing, and a record of delivering public policy aims and research projects. Excellent communication skills, including with senior stakeholders, are essential. You should also have the ability to oversee a complex programme of research and operational policy development during a time of organisational change.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required by the ideal Research & Policy Manager:
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Experience operating at a strategic level in research and policy, both operational and public policy
- Experience of supporting, influencing and advising senior-level colleagues
- Excellent understanding of research methodologies
- Proven ability to analyse and evaluate information critically and present in a concise format to a variety of audiences
- Ability to plan and deliver an operational policy framework for the business
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships across the business and work effectively with leaders and senior managers
- Experience of managing the work of others and motivating others
- Contract management experience
Qualifications required by the ideal Research & Policy Manager:
- Educated to degree level (2.1), or equivalent
- Qualification in research methodologies, or equivalent.
Closing date & time: 23 August 2017- 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Research & Policy Manager please click ‘Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST