Farm & Animal Technician
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College's Netherfield Centre we are currently looking for a Farm & Animal Technician to come and support our team. The successful candidate will join us on a part time basis working 10 hours per weekend and will receive a competitive salary of £13,857 to £16,291 per annum (pro rata) for a fixed term period of 6 months.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing team at Netherfield.
More about the Farm & Animal Technician role
The successful applicant will maintain the farm and animal management facilities to the highest of industry standards by undertaking the care and routines of all animals on and off site during weekends and out of term time. Weekend hours will be 10 hours (5 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday per week). Additional hours worked outside term time will be paid hourly on submission of a timesheet.
Key responsibilities of our Farm & Animal Technician
- Ensure an excellent range of practical provision and promote outstanding standards to ensure that the facilities provide an ideal learning environment for course provision for our students
- Maintain appropriate discipline levels in both staff and students when working on the farm and ensuring safe practice at all times
- Ensure sufficient equipment are available to meet the needs of the educational programmes offered by the College
- Ensure the facilities provide an excellent educational opportunity and sets exemplary industry standards
- To ensure all work on the farm and in the unit are at high standards of animal welfare and presentation
- To ensure all animals have all that is required daily to maintain good health in coordination with animal welfare legislations
- Maintain and keep up to date any records and appropriate documentation associated with all animals (health records, vet, medicine book, movement orders, risk assessments, contracts)
What we're looking for in our Farm & Animal Technician
- Educated to at least BSc degree level or equivalent in an animal related subject
- Excellent record keeping skills
- The ability to use IT, familiarity with Windows applications and Microsoft Office
- Ability to carry out farm tasks effectively
- Tractor Driving experience
- Knowledge of handling young stock
- The ability to carry out preventative treatments on stock
- Previous experience of farm working in a busy commercial environment
- A level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Assessor/verifier awards or equivalent
- Animal Management qualification
- Previous performance management experience (including target setting)
In return as our Farm & Animal Technician, we can offer you…
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including generous holiday entitlement, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme, and free on-site parking.
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Farm & Animal Technician at Netherfield then please click ‘apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 9.00 am