ROLE: Administrative Manager, Woodlands Nursing Home, Burgess Hill, West Sussex
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for someone to join our team as the Administrative Manager within a family owned and run care home environment. The successful candidate will be organised, IT literate and proactive. Above all the successful candidate will have a good attitude, a caring nature and a willingness to learn and work constructively within a high performing team environment (Woodlands is rated ‘OUTSTANDING' by the CQC, the industry regulator - one of only 68 nursing homes to achieve this, of c.5,000 inspected).
• Front of house duties e.g. Greet visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and guide them to the appropriate staff member. Operate phone / fax / e-mail / office equipment, as appropriate. Receive and distribute mail.
• Manage administrative running of the home e.g. provisions ordering, booking routine maintenance for equipment, managing supplier contracts.
• Draft and implement duty roster (including covering shifts as necessary).
• Monitor and record staff hours, absence and holiday.
• Proactively manage occupancy e.g. follow leads, conduct viewings, fill beds.
• Manage admission and discharge process for residents.
• Administer recruitment and induction of additional staff as required e.g. place adverts, arrange interviews, manage DBS account
• Initiate, monitor and update staff records.
• Initiate, monitor and update non-clinical resident records
• Manage non-clinical team members.
• Receive, log and monitor all monies received.
• Manage petty cash account and work with Finance Director to monitor account
• Log and monitor incoming invoices and accounts and liaise with Finance Director regarding payment.
• Conduct mandatory Health & Safety related audits and initiate solutions as required.
• Work closely with other management and Directors to ensure smooth running of the home.
• Undertake other duties, as necessary.
• Caring nature
• ‘Good' attitude - open to continuous improvement
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good knowledge of IT
• Calm temperament
• Positive and enthusiastic nature
• Team focussed
• Mindset of wanting to go the extra mile to do a great job
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time - normal office hours
EXPERIENCE: This is a senior role and so it is anticipated that the successful candidate will have significant prior workplace experience.
Prior experience within the care sector is not a pre-requisite. A caring nature and a positive attitude are more important to us than prior industry experience.
LOCATION: West Sussex (Burgess Hill)
SALARY: Indicative £10-12 per hour
START DATE: End August 2017 but may be negotiable for the right candidate
Apply for Administrative Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly