We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College we are currently looking for a Head Chef to come and support our team. The successful candidate will join on a full time, permanent basis working 45 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of £26,724 - £32,010 per annum.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing Catering team.
More about the Head Chef role
An experienced head chef to support our catering manager in delivering an outstanding catering service at our main campus as well as our outlet centres. Using our own farm reared meats and local produce, this is an exciting time to join the College as we grow our catering business to adapt to the needs of our students but also our growth in our commercial activities in conferences and events.
Key responsibilities of our Head Chef
- Prepare, cook and serve meals to a high standard.
- Take a leadership role with the kitchen and catering team, Train and coach junior staff in the preparation of dishes on the menu.
- Prepare team rotas to cover the outlet operations ensuring adequate cover for levels of business. managing direct reports holiday leave and absences.
- Ensure that everyone using the catering facilities is treated politely and courteously, be they students, staff or guests.
- As directed by the Catering Manager, develop and prepare menus appropriate to student needs and menus for other functions i.e. weddings and conferences, taking into account the college goals in regard to promoting healthy eating and supporting local rural business by using local seasonal produce.
- Responsible for the ordering of food and beverage stocks, stock controls including storage and monthly stock taking. Ensure that all stocks issued is recorded to enable stock records to be kept.
- Ensure that the college's financial procedures are being followed to protect cash, food and beverage stocks and the college's assets.
- Compile cleaning schedule for kitchen team and ensure tasks are completed.
- Ensure that cleaning and food temperature records are kept.
- Comply with food hygiene regulations by wearing the appropriate clean protective clothing while preparing and serving food, and to ensure all other members of staff do likewise.
- Ensure kitchen and wash-up areas are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. To keep up to date with food safety guidelines and legislation to ensure compliance with the law and the colleges food, health & safety policy, following the principles of HACCP.
What we're looking for in our Head Chef
- Minimum of City & Guilds 701 & 702 or equivalent qualification or experience
- Minimum of 5 years in experience in a similar position
- Must hold a current food hygiene certificate
- Able to demonstrate great customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate financial acumen
- A passion for good food
- Creative ability and flair using fresh produce
- Physically fit, able to undertake manual handling duties
- Full UK drivers licence
In return as our Head Chef, we can offer you…
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking. This is a full time role working 45 hours per week (Monday to Friday 08.00 - 18.00 with a requirement to work some weekends and evenings on a rota basis).
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Head Chef then please click ‘apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: 14th August 2017
Interviews will be held: w/c 21st August 2017