Head of Marketing
Our client is an aspirational, expanding retail led brand who have an open, lively and diverse head office environment, where every employee can make a contribution. With around 100 stores in the UK they have significant financial backing, are a brand who have strong ethics and a reputation for appealing and solution led products at a fair price. Currently expanding with a number of new stores planned for 2017 they also have a growing eCommerce business.
They currently have an opportunity for a Head of Marketing to be based at their head office in Wimbledon. Reporting into the C.E.O and the Group Marketing Director our Head of Marketing will develop and then deliver a robust Multi-Channel Marketing strategy and tactical plan which aligns with the business strategy, delivers budgeted performance, and ensures that every Customer touch point across all channels represents the proposition, service and business brand in a consistent way. The brand are looking forward to significant and sustained growth throughout all trading channels, including the traditional bricks & mortar store estate and online sales
Responsibilities - Head of Marketing
- Lead, develop and inspire the Marketing Team
- Deliver a robust Multi-Channel Marketing strategy and tactical plan which aligns with the business strategy, delivers budgeted performance, and ensures that every Customer touch point across all channels represents the proposition, service and business brand in a consistent way.
- Drive visitor/footfall growth to support the business to deliver an aggressive growth plan.
- Improve brand profile and brand awareness in existing demographic trading areas and new territories to support business expansion and growth plans.
- Drive strong Customer loyalty / retention whilst devising strategies to recruit new customers.
- Provide strong consumer insights by adopting a customer driven approach, enabling the senior management team to ‘get into the heads’ of the company’s customers and think about their needs and, at the same time, to ensure that the company is effectively communicating in a way that accurately advertises what it has to offer to meet those needs.
- Identify market trends and constantly strive to develop and re-appraise the marketing tools within the business to ensure that they consistently deliver for the company, and maintain a competitive advantage for the business.
- Be the custodian of the brand and to maintain and develop its standing within the marketplace.
Required Skills - Head of Marketing
- Significant, fast-paced retail experience to include stores, having worked very closely with Trading, e-Commerce and Operations teams, will understand and be comfortable in a Trading-led environment.
- Successful senior management role in a retail marketing function with P&L responsibility
- Proven success in leading and managing a team of marketing professionals who will effectively implement the marketing strategy and plan
- A creative/innovative approach to work and a strong market awareness which translates into an ability to drive sales and deliver budgets.
- Proven successful experience designing and delivering a successful catalogue / leaflets / mail drop approach
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and inspirationally
- Highly analytical and numerate with very strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally organised and a confident communicator
- Exposure to digital and m-Commerce marketing / trading would be an advantage
To succeed in this role our Head of Marketing will build great relationships with the Group Marketing Director, the extended marketing team and stakeholders within the business. Our Head of Marketing will be imaginative, impassioned, creative and astute with an eye for trends and the ability to think and communicate clearly and inspirationally. It is important that the individual has a flair for adapting approach and attention to detail. With a strong commercial focus you will be used to working in a fast paced, ever changing environment. This is your role and as such you will bring passion, flair, creativity and autonomy in high amounts. Your ability to put the customer at the heart of everything you do will be a given. Marketing is one of the biggest growth areas with this brand currently. As such this role offers massive creative scope and career opportunity for the right candidate. Our Head of Marketing will enjoy a number of benefits including annual bonus, car allowance, life assurance and a good pension scheme.
Apply now to be considered for Head of Marketing role.
Apply for Head of Marketing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly