Construction Project Manager
Cineworld Group was founded in 1995 and has grown through expansion and by acquisition to become one of the leading cinema Groups in Europe with the number one or number two position by number of screens in each of its regions. Cineworld currently operates 2,108 screens across 224 sites in the UK, Ireland, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and Israel. We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Head Office team based in our brand new home in Brentford. Our offices are accessible from Gunnersbury tube station on the District Line and Overground or via a short walk from Kew Bridge mainline station.
Reporting into the VP of Design & Construction the Project Manager will manage the procurement process from inception to cinema opening of new build multiplex cinemas and refurbishment of existing cinemas to achieve time cost and quality objectives, plus ad hoc property, design and construction advice on the company property portfolio.
Project Manager - Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and assessment of design proposals for all new sites, refurbishments, extensions or remodelling of existing Cineworld properties.
- Assist in the preparation of design proposals for agreement with Landlord/Developer and Solicitors for inclusion within The Agreement for Lease.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of the Outline Specification document with Landlord/Developers Agents and Solicitors for inclusion within The Agreement for Lease.
- Control and assistance in the preparation of DDA Access Statements, Access Strategies, Fire Certificate & Life Safety Systems Documentation, Licensing Drawings, Hazard Identification & Control Statements for all properties as required.
- The appointment and coordination of professional consultants including Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Principal Designers and utilities companies etc.
- Perform the Employer’s agent role on Landlord’s works and fit out contracts to implement, statutory compliance, contractual compliance, specification compliance, design compliance, cost control and budgetary compliance.
- The overview, assessment and sign off of completed cinema design (Architectural/Mechanical /Electrical) to meet the above needs.
- Procure the main contract works and direct FF&E contractors through traditional tender processes and/or negotiation.
- Undertake design overview, procurement and cost control of directly appointed FF&E contractor
- Project management of the works including full hands on project management of FF&E contractors and coordination with main contractor.
- Attendance at site meetings and inspections to monitor and advise on progress and compliance with drawings, specification and statutory requirements to facilitate the successful completion of works.
- Procurement of Cinema Licence via the appointed Architect through full liaison with Local Authority bodies.
- Coordination with internal stakeholder departments at all levels of authority including Accounts; Film Buying; Operations; Marketing and IT to manage a successful handover to the Operations team and to secure a successful opening.
Project Manager - Key Skills/Experience
- Chartered Membership of relevant Professional body (eg CIBSE, RIBA, RICS, MCIOB, etc.) with 5 years PQE preferred and advantageous
- Experience gained within leisure, retail or hospitality multi site led business would be advantageous
- Strong communication and management skills combined with keen analytical and IT skills.
- Ability to build internal/external relationships, with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- AutoCAD literate.
As our Project Manager you will thrive in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment and will be comfortable working with multiple projects. The successful Project Manager will bring positivity, enthusiasm and a proven ability to get things done.
The Project Manager role offers a competitive salary along with a number of additional benefits including Life Assurance, Pension and Cinepass. It also offers the chance to work in a FTSE250 listed business with a family feel that will offer both challenge and satisfaction in equal measure.
Apply now to be considered for the Construction Project Manager role within our Design & Construction Department.
Apply for Construction Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly