Technical Operations Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
ASP Technical Operations is a global team of technology and finance professionals who collaborate to deliver the highest quality service, data and systems integration possible to Imagine's user base of institutional investors. The Technical Operations Engineer is a member of a global team providing 24/7 support and maintenance to a mission critical financial trade and risk management system. Imagine Software is a place where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded.
The successful candidate must possess a mix of strong technical and communication skills. On the technical side, deep knowledge of scripting in a Linux environment and RDMS is critical. In addition to providing technical support of the imagine trading system, this role requires the candidate to be actively involved with developing new code to constantly improve our working environment, as well as satisfying growing client needs. The candidate will coordinate with DBA, System Administrators, Development, and Support teams where applicable to further the goals of high quality and reliability of the ASP and RRC systems. Most importantly, the candidate will have a commitment to exceptional team work and customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Member of a global team responsible for running a 24/7, mission-critical financial trading and risk management system.
- Monitoring/troubleshooting large suite of automated processing
- Second-tier user support, assisting Trade Support desk and other internal teams.
- Coordinate with DBA, Unix Systems Administrators and development teams where applicable to further the goals of high quality and reliability of the ASP system.
- Design and development of software and processes to enhance the breadth, quality, performance and reliability of services offered to clients.
Experience / Skills
- Passionate about delivering quality service and building robust, scalable systems and processes.
- Detail-oriented and tenacious to dig into problems until root-causes are surfaced and fully understood.
- Expert on a Linux command line and in a SQL client.
- At least 2 years' experience working with mission-critical production software systems.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task while maintaining exceptional quality.
- Familiar with fundamentals of financial industry and markets - especially derivatives, a plus.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Finance or a quantitative field preferred.
About Imagine Software (UK), Ltd
Imagine Software is a leading provider of real-time investment management solutions worldwide. Its flagship product, the Imagine Trading System, is a cross-asset trading, portfolio, and risk management solution available as an ASP (hosted) solution or an enterprise application. Developed for alternative investment companies of all sizes, Imagine Software serves thousands of users worldwide with its unique combination of proven enterprise functionality, comprehensive data management and business process automation.