Head of Business Development & Programme Mgt
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Development & Programme Management to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a salary of £60,900 - £68,000 per annum.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 27,000 homes, 70,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you’ll have every chance to achieve - while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector’s largest community regeneration programmes, we’re always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
About the role
Head of Business Development & Programme Management is an exciting new senior management role combining the two existing functions of fundraising and programme management within Peabody Community Foundation. The post holder will collaborate across the Peabody Group as well as key external stakeholders to ensure that the Foundation’s strategic aims and objectives are delivered.
As our Head of Business Development & Programme Management you will be responsible for meeting ambitious fundraising targets in an externally challenging and competitive environment. Our aim by 2020 is to raise £1 through external fundraising for every £2 that Peabody invests into its community programmes - i.e. £3m of new pledged income p.a. This post offers the opportunity of bringing together business development and programme management into a cohesive team to further develop and embed our evaluation and impact measurement framework.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required by the ideal Head of Business Development & Programme Management:
- Outstanding business development skills, and demonstrable track record of managing successful fundraising teams by cultivating high-value relational partnerships with government, independent, individual and corporate funding partners.
- Effective networking, negotiating, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills; accomplished in preparing and delivering persuasive, high impact, written and verbal reports and presentations up to executive and board level and to external audiences.
- Substantial experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary department, with proven ability to collaborate with colleagues and to work inclusively with diverse groups in a way that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong commercial awareness with practical knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management.
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees and supporting them through times of change.
- A personal commitment to continuing professional development.
- Degree level education is desirable.
Closing date & time: 15/08/17
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Head of Business Development & Programme Management please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST