4 days left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Area Manager looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Area Manager for our team in Ford, working 37.5 hours a week.
What will I be responsible for?
The Area Manager is responsible for the management of Household Waste Recycling Sites, and Transfer Stations, within the West Sussex County Council Recycling and Waste Handling Contract. Your responsibilities include:
- Carry out annual and timely Performance Appraisal Reviews (PAR’s) of all direct reports.
- Manage resource utilisation across HWRC / Transfer Station network.
- Ensure quality control at Transfer Stations for all incoming recyclate feedstock.
- To ensure quality control on HWRC sites for all incoming material streams.
- Develop immediate reports developing skills and knowledge to ensure that they can manage their responsibilities and can step up to assist you.
- To ensure all Safe Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments are current and pertinent to current site operations.
The ideal Area Manager will have:
- Waste management legislation, Financial / budgetary control experience
- Knowledge of current legislation influencing Local Authority requirements
- Full driving licence
- Management of Multi Site activities
- IOSH Managing Safely
In return for your hard work as Area Manager, we can offer a salary of £36,540 per annum plus company car as well as excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an Area Manager, then Viridor want to hear from you, please click APPLY to view the full role profile!
Closing Date: 7th August 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.