Mortgage, Protection and G.I Adviser
- Full Time
Our client is currently looking for a Mortgage, Protection and General Insurance Adviser to work alongside one of their existing advisers. Based in the prestigious Heron Tower, close to Liverpool Street and Bank Stations, they are a successful Mortgage and Financial Services brokerage, founded in 2001, employing 45 Financial Advisers and support administrators.
They are currently expanding and are seeking to appoint a candidate who will complement their existing team and contribute to their success. In return, they offer full training, a positive work environment, career progression and will recognise and reward excellent performance.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and must be able to satisfy the FCA’s PFA appointment criteria. They operate as an equal opportunities employer.
• Excellent telephone and communication skills
• Ability to quickly establish and develop client relationships
• Ability to identify client needs, assimilate product information and give relevant and compliant advice to clients
• IT skills (Inc. Windows, Outlook and Excel)
• High level of numeracy
• Excellent English both oral and written
• Proven ability to multi-task
• Graduate ( any discipline) or 2 A’ Levels minimum
• CeMap Level 1
• Essential - a minimum of 12 months previous mortgage sales experience gained in a similar role
• Working knowledge of UK mortgage market and lender criteria
• Comprehensive understanding of protection products- Ideally, previously licenced to sell protection
• Delivering client focused advice and service
• This is an excellent opportunity to join a City based Financial Services Practice and in the position of an employed Mortgage, Protection and GI Adviser, where your performance in delivering client focused solutions and submitting and issuing compliant and excellent quality business will be recognised and rewarded.
• All leads will be provided and the post holder will be required to telephone prospects and to nurture prospect relationships to become clients
• The post holder will learn all aspects of the role by shadowing the team manager and other mortgage brokers/support administrators, attending external courses and through structured performance management. CeMap 2 and 3 study support will be provided.
• Client service and results focused
• Self-starter with a flexible, positive outlook
• Enjoys client contact and willing to prospect leads
• Quick to learn
• Excellent, disciplined work ethic
• Team player but able to work autonomously and without close supervision
• Organised, flexible and responsive to a fast paced environment
Salary: Basic £30-35K (negotiable) plus commission structure after six months - OTE £50K plus
Please apply online for this Mortgage, Protection and G.I Adviser role with your CV and cover letter.