Graphic Designer / Digital Designer - Retail
Job Title: Advertising Designer
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: Highly Competitive
Position: Full Time, Permanent
With over 30 years' experience and a genuine passion for sleep, they're Britain's leading bed specialist, providing customers with everything they need for a great night's sleep.
Based at their Bedquarters in High Wycombe, they are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Graphic/Print Designer who has specific experience in design for advertising, whether this be magazine/newspaper print or on vans and billboards. You'll have bags of creativity to join the in-house creative design team, helping with the design & development of printed advertising campaigns. Reporting to the Design Manager as well as working closely with a small team of designers, the role will mainly involve producing printed content for national and local press, supporting stores and promotional campaigns. Where needed, you may be required to aid in the production of digital content across desktop, mobile & other emerging digital channels.
The company is looking for someone driven, commercially aware, innovative and possess a portfolio which demonstrates strong design capability in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You'll have good working knowledge of print processes, reprographics and pre-press production. You'll be self-motivated, flexible and place the customer at the centre of everything you do. Most of all you'll have a passion to work for Britain's leading bed specialist.
- Assist in the printed portrayal of the company's brand and its core values through development of new designs.
- Key tasks will include: National Advertising (press, press inserts, hoarding and billboards), New Store Openings (local press, flyers, door drop, ad vans), Local Store Support (Local Press advertising, Door drop flyers), store specific promotional print and general adhoc projects. On some occasions digital assets for online may be required, however the majority of artwork is created for print purposes.
- Take on information from customer insight and suggest improvements and developments as needed.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- To keep aware of industry standards.
- Effectively planning workload and managing time to ensure the delivery of content to deadlines, identifying any requirements along the way.
- When needed assisting the rest of the team in their requirements.
- Upkeep of Electronic filing, ensuring clear, print ready, documents are easily accessible.
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and knowledge of Sketch would be advantageous.
- Creative degree level or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of print processes, reproduction and pre-press production.
- Experience in print design including branding and corportate collateral essential.
- Relevant awareness of the latest developments within the design space.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS & Jquery would be desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to distil own briefs.
- Results driven.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good time management, organisational skills together with ability to prioritise both own and others work.
- Commitment and the determination to succeed.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good numeracy skills.
If you're looking for a fast-paced challenge within a continually evolving environment and like to embrace new technologies this role represents an exciting opportunity with plenty of scope to reach your full potential.
It's a great place to work, where everyone works as one team, a place where they recognise and celebrate success.
- Competitive Salary.
- Company Bonus Scheme.
- Excellent Company Discount.
- Pension and Life Insurance.
- On site Free Car Parking.
- Free Gym onsite.
- Full Induction and training.
- Progress your career in a fast paced environment.
- Be part of a company that is growing fast.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with experience of; Graphic Designer, Digital Designer, Graphical Designer, Adobe Designer, Photoshop Designer, InDesign Designer, Illustrator, Illustrator Designer, Marketing Designer, Digital Designer, will also be considered for this role.