The Governors of Dair House School are seeking to appoint a Classroom Assistant to work across the Key Stages.
- Provide support to children with mathematics, reading, writing and any other activity on an individual, class or small group basis;
- Be aware of the differentiation within activities;
- Contribute to the progress of children within and between activities;
- Assist in the preparation of teaching materials as directed;
- Assist in ensuring lessons are happy and stimulating for all the children;
- Assist in activities that are matched to children's individual needs and abilities;
- Assist and contribute to the learning experiences of children;
- Implement teaching programmes as directed;
- Understand and actively support the school's policy on child protection, pastoral care, behaviour and discipline including the use of appropriate praise and sanctions for pupil work and behaviour;
- Assist in the arrangements made for monitoring and assessing individual children's performance through evaluation including formative and summative methods;
- Contribute to oral and written reports to those with parental responsibility and other agencies;
- Assist with various duties as requested by the Deputy Head.
Key skills for Classroom Assistants
- high personal and professional standards;
- total integrity;
- sense of humour.
Closing date 18th August 2017. Interviews week commencing 21st August 2017. CV's will be accepted. Please send your application to email@example.com
Dair House School places great importance on the safeguarding of children. All candidates will undergo an enhanced DBS check.